Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Every now & then tightening at the top of right arm...some

Customer Question

Every now & then tightening at the top of right arm...some slight chest pain.. it's not continous...comes & goes...
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 9 months ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I'm Dr Hasan and I will be helping you today. As per your description the likely cause of your tightness and slight chest pain is related to muscular sprain or nerve compression. This nerve compression can either be locally in your arm or neck. I reassure you that there is nothing serious related to this as heart problems present on left side only. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned, you can use over the counter available tablet Aleve twice daily for 5 to 7 days and can massage the area with over the counter available Bengay gel twice daily for 2 weeks. Hopefully you will start feeling better soon. It symptoms persist see your doctor. He might get your x rays and might send you for physical therapy but just relax I reassure you that you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you excellent service but if you have received anything less, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards