Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I'm a quadriplegic and I don't think my wife likes having

Customer Question

I'm a quadriplegic and I don't think my wife likes having sex with me
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Yes. Not bad considering...
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I get a shot and can do it I just don't know what the problem is
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

What do you think the reason your wife does not like having sex with you.

Do you use injection / penile shots for the erection?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
a shot

Are your erections strong enough?

What was the reason of quadriplegia; injury?

Did you discuss this with your wife?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
n she has said in the past it lasts for ever. Which she seemed to enjoy. I wrecked a motorcycle on the blue ridge parkway little over 4 yrs ago. I have tried to discuss multiple times. Last answer I got was she's tired all the time yet she volunteers for extra curricular activities all the time . She is the secretary for the youth sports and stay @ my oldest practice the whole time which my younger son tags along. What I get from him is he does pretty much whatever he wants. HE'S 5 YRS OLD. He also played but was combined with another school and only practiced 1day a week which she asked her mom to take him with out talking to me. It's been over a year. She's also volunteered to coach basketball this season...

I am not sure, but this can be psychological for her. There is saying that sex is in the mind. If you have same strong erections, there is no reason for her to not like, to have sex, as past. Do you think she has low libido? Or do you suspect some other reason?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I honestly don't know what to think, I don't believe she has low libido. My honest opinion is it's me.

You will have to talk to your wife frankly. It is very important to find the reason as that is the way to initiate the treatment or do measures. If your erections are not as firm as before, you may need to change the dose of penile shots. You may also consider penile pump surgery.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.