A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I just had a CT scan during a visit to emergency room, yes

Customer Question

I just had a CT scan during a visit to emergency room
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes and CT scan final report reveals an 11mm kidney stone which my primary is not too concerned in the whole scheme of things
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Looks like a minimum disk bulge but my pains are excruciating in my lower back flank atea
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Also ct scan reveals a low-density lesion within the liver that could not be fully characterized in exam without cobtrast
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** am reading your question and will be back with you ASAP.

An 11 mm kidney stone is not going to pass on its own and it's going to cause excruciating pain if it moves. I would suggest a follow-up with a urologist.

An MRI is a better choice for visualizing disk problems. I've included a couple of charts below that show which disks cause pain where in the body.

Liver lesions are usually something that is found while looking for something else. Unless blood tests are showing a questionable liver enzyme picture, it usually means nothing.

After you've had a chance to look at the diagrams, please let me know what additional questions you might have.

By the way, the left kidney is about the level of T12-L3 with the right one a bit lower than that.