A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Just noticed something at m uvula..a spot..and red spots

Customer Question

just noticed something at m uvula..a white spot..and red spots down the back of my throat.. and coated tongue!\
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the skin issue better or worse?
Customer: it seems to be getting worse with time.. feel something happening along the sides of my tongue as well
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I was treating a parasite infection..
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** am reading your question and will be back with you ASAP.

What were you treating the parasite infection with?

What kind of parasite?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It was diagnosed as a round worm.. I was using a natural products.. Parasite cleanse with black walnut, cloves and worm wood
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have also been taking diatomaceous earth

Thanks for the additional information. I'm sorry I had to attend a meeting and could not get right back to you.

It is possible that some of the ingredients of the cleanse are irritating your tongue and throat. Hopefully you aren't seeing any more roundworms in your stool. Seeing them is the only way to know if you are infected or not.

Coated tongue can come from many things including gastric reflux and ulcers as well as dental problems, viral respiratory infections, etc. It really isn't possible to say what is causing it without seeing it and running a test to see if it is bacterial, viral or fungal.

Please let me know what additional questions you have about this. I'll be online for a while tonight.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Did you have additional questions you wanted to ask about this? If not, I would appreciate a rating (hopefully a “5”) since that is the only way I am credited with answering questions here. That is what makes Just Answer available 24/7.

Thanks!