How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Onlinedoc Your Own Question
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2890
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
Type Your Health Question Here...
Onlinedoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im male 38y Scrotal swelling at one side.Which doctor I need

Customer Question

Hello,Im male 38y Scrotal swelling at one side.Which doctor I need to see.Till now I have checked with dermatologist but the problem not solved
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: I had bad shaving with cream followed by blade.After that wearing tight jeans.I had smaller issue 7 days back with red & black mark &thick sking of nail size.Now half size of scrotal is woolen
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Hypertension I am getting treatment Telma 80H tablet 1 everyday.Recently had shoulder injury.I am overweight , 95kg .I have constipation .
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 10 months ago.


From what you describe it seems to be a case of folliuclitis caused by shaving and spread of infection.

I do think you should get your blood sugar levels checked.Poor healing may be due to high blood sugar levels.

Probably antibiotics may be required in your case as well.

Your dermatologist may refer you to a general surgeon for a followup checkup if necessary.

I hope this helps

Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 10 months ago.

May I help you more?
Feel free for further queries.
Waiting for your reply.