How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 11360
Experience:  Internal medicine internship in New York City. Two decades+ of medical experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a small lump above my pelvic bone on the right side

Customer Question

Hello, I have a small lump above my pelvic bone on the right side of my abdomen. I'm a 30 yr old male
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: Only noticed it a few days ago. Not too soft or too hard to be honest.
JA: Is there anything else in your medical history you would like the doctor to know?
Customer: No, I have a clean medical history.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Any pain?

can you upload a picture of the lump?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Dr. Rick,I can't upload a picture as the lump is not visible from the skin. The lump is below my skin, underneath the surface and I can only feel it with my hand, it is not visible on the surface of my skin.Thankfully I am not on any long term medication and have never been. I have no health problems of note.Thank you,Padraig
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also, there only pain if I put pressure on it.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Well, this bump can be from many, many things.....

It might be a hernia, a sebaceous cyst, a inflamed lymph node, an aneurysm, a mass......lots of things.

The good news?

A simple physical exam and, possibly, an imaging study like an MRI should be able to quickly pinpoint the cause of this painful bump. If this doesn't narrow it down then a biopsy can obtain tissue for microscopic diagnosis.

So. What is the take home message?

I do not like that this bump is painful. The best course of action is to have your MD take a look.

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS