A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

My yellow watery stool started after one day of taking

Customer Question

My yellow watery stool started after one day of taking augmentin for sinus just like this fellow. I think it has something to do with it.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: 3 days. no breathing problems.
JA: Is there anything else in your medical history you would like the doctor to know?
Customer: no
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** am reading your question and will be back with you ASAP.

Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) can affect the digestive systems of many people. It isn't uncommon at all for this to happen. You will need to call the prescriber's office so he or she can change your antibiotic to one that is easier on the digestive system.

I'm sorry this happened, but you never know who is going to respond to the antibiotic this way who isn't. There are many other antibiotics to choose from, so this should not be a problem. I would call right away though so the new prescription can be called in today or first thing in the morning. Meanwhile, it is best not to take any more of the augmentin.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~