Dr.S.A.Alam
Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(Internal medicine/cardiology) MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

In the past couple of days i can be sitting at my computer

Customer Question

In the past couple of days i can be sitting at my computer and a pain will hit at my heart and it is scary to me ..............
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: yes there is heart failure in my family .........i was just at the hospital a month ago due to my high bp........but they ran all kinds of test and my heart showed good......
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: high bp and cholesteroal..........but i am on medication
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.S.A.Alam replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question, if you have high blood pressure and cholesterol levels and you are having chest pain then best option is to proceed with stress ECG or ETT to make sure it is not a heart pain or angina, if this test was already done and was normal then there is no need to worry as it is not a heart pain. In this case medicine like tylenol and advil will help also changing your sitting position or chair may also help to alleviate the pain. Thank you.