How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 35035
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 months ago.

Since when do you have the mucus leak?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Since yesterday when I was only just able to breath properly from whatever happened inside my right chest area, causing horrendous pain. The pain then felt like it move further towards my kidney. Today I feel much better and can take larger breaths and walk around etc. but the Inocid Suppository seems to just come out by itself in mucousy mess
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 months ago.

Were you constipated so you needed the rectal suppository?

Any significant past medical illness or surgery?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I have them for spinal pain along with Panadeine forte. I took both for this horrific chest pain I believe to be broken rib or torn cartilage from last week. The suppository is Indocid 100.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2 radical spinal fusions l5s1
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 months ago.

The most common cause for mucus coming out from rectum is polyp. The other cause can be;

1) Ulcerative colitis.

2) Medications

3) Rectum ulcer

4) Rectum growth.

Your need to consult your primary care physician or a gastroenterologist for the evaluation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.