How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 35427
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a 53 year old male, just getting over a common cold, I

Customer Question

I'm a 53 year old male, just getting over a common cold, I have been having back pain, that started in my lower left side and has moved from there to my upper back and shoulders, when I couch extreme pain, now in my right shoulder and upper right arm.
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No right shoulder operation 10 years ago, fairly healthy, non smoker
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a heart mummer and I have had phamoina twice
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 10 months ago.

The pain is likely to be musculoskeletal (strain and sprain of muscles and ligaments). Cold is a viral infection, which makes muscles predisposed to injury even by the trivial trauma like coughing. Even mild bending or small weight lifting may also cause these pain. Ibuprofen and local analgesic cream would be recommended.

Having said that, if you have any other symptoms like fever, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, breathlessness; this would need an exam by your doctor.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 10 months ago.

Your symptoms do not suggest anything serious like heart disease. But if you have any of the following risk factors, you may consult your doctor for an EKG;

1) stress and sedentary life style

2) peripheral vascular disease (claudication),

3) previous stroke,

4) heavy smoking,

5) high blood pressure,

6) diabetes,

7) high cholesterol, and

8) a family history of heart disease

9) over weight.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.