Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

Im freaking out. we had a bad flea infestation recently and

Customer Question

im freaking out. we had a bad flea infestation recently and unfortunatley im the one they chose to host. ive been finding flea eggs randomly. i just went in to use the restroom and when i got off the toilet i looke down and notice a cluster of eggs in my urine. the fleas are aparently laying eggs in my vagina. what do i do
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: did you get my message
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 11 months ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Fleas are usually brought into the house by pets,they thrive on the original animal host and are trasferred to other warm blooded species.The flea is a small,brown shiny animal with small hair enabling it to pass through the fur of other animals.Bathing and combing your pet will remove any fleas which need to be put in warm soapy water to kill them.Eggs are deposited in out of the way places,like under rugs or behind furniture and will hatch within 2 days.Vacuuming the rugs,curtains and the house thoroughly and putting the disposable vaccuum bag in a sealed black disosable bag will help.You may need to steam the house if the fleas persist.Getting your Vet to treat the pet and steam cleaning the house regularly for 3 or 4 weeks will clear the infestation.