Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have the app. No one has responded in over 24hrs. I'm

Customer Question
leaking csf and don't know...
I have the app. No one has responded in over 24hrs. I'm leaking csf and don't know why doctors haven't seen the obvious signs. Can it wait until Monday or should I call my neurologist now? I sent photos via app and it says "connecting with neurologist" but no response
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Seen all kinds and they can't see the hair under my skin because I have white hair. I just got diagnosed with vestibular disorder. All pictures online match my own documentation in photos
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: Yes my nails have vertical lines like ones online and tracking scars and lesions in swirling shapes or variations of v shapes. Hair coming out zigzag or bent in v shape or curled. I have straight fine blonde or white hair normally. Lots of thick black ingrown hairs with white hair swirled around and cables of long hair that look like floss. I have short hair about 1/4". Feels like I have 50% of my hair under a layer of thin skin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Several blows to head from passing out over past 5 years. Started w whiplash in a car accident. Lump in crotch,edema and rings in calves,lumps forming in between index and middle finger,same lumps on bottoms of feet in between my normal calluses, brown marks at joints in toes, brown spots on top of feet, body hair sweating sticky stuff and disappears into skin. v shapes sides of heels, yellowish fluid under jaw and chin, massive sweating from localized areas- back of head, groin,legs, chin, hands and feet
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
11/6/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Is the leakage of CSF from scalp?

What are the investigations done?

Please post photos here.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have to send one at a time. Will make a multi picture photo in a sec
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can't make a collage is this enough proof?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Bizzare

Was an MRI or CT scan done?

What did your blood work show?

What are the specialists you have consulted?

What are the treatment tried?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MRI showed "issues w sinuses". My neurologist ordered blood work and suspected lupus but my next appt is in late December and I'm getting worse fast

Your symptoms are suggestive of following differential diagnosis;

1) Cutaneous Lupus erthematosus

2) Cutaneous candidiasis

3) Seborrheic dermatitis.

A scalp and skin biopsy with blood work for autoimmune panel would clinch the diagnosis. You should consult a skin specialist / dermatologist.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Biopsy showed unspecified inflammatory condition but was taken from top of head that was bleeding. Every picture online was showing operations on areas I have fluid leaking from. Dermatitis? I have fluid leaking in large amounts in concentrated areas randomly. All symptoms and photos described in csf match my issues but I'll keep trying to trust the pros who give me clues and never the same diagnosis. Chronic folliculitis has been most popular while treated like I'm insane. It was "it's all in your head" was super popular until I got my new inner ear vestibular disorder diagnosis. Pretty sure it was caused by my theory of csf. Will pass on your information. Hope I can be my own advocate long enough to get answers that improve my failing mental and physical health. Thank you

You are very welcome.

I can understand your frustration of not getting a concrete diagnosis and resolution for so prolonged duration.

A CSF leak theory can be easily confirmed by a CT scan or an MRI. You can ask your doctor to get it done on the next visit.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I should wait til December 18th for my next visit?

You should not wait for so long.

Seek an earlier appointment for the investigations.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

You are a subscription customer. So rating this thread would not cost you any further. But we are paid for time and expertise, only if you rate us positive.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It doesn't match any of your suggestions. I'm grossed out and pissed off now.

I understand it.

I wish you all the very best and fast recovery.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)