Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Migraine headaches for 2 days, stomach is distended like i'm

Customer Question
around 4-5 months pregnant.. No...
migraine headaches for 2 days, stomach is distended like i'm around 4-5 months pregnant.. No appetite all day today, pain in lower back, nausea, Haven't voided in over 24hrs. Very sleepy all the time, feel exhausted
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: I used to have horrible migraines until I got my daith pierced in my ear back in june- and these are the first migraines I've had since
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: LMP was around Oct. 24. and my stomach was completely fine. It literally went completely down to normal size then all of a sudden I look huge in my stomach area again. I have a history of ovarian cysts- had ultrasounds done had a few rupture and was told that I had a collection of fluid in my abdomen. was about 8 months ago.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
11/2/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Was your blood and hormonal work up normal?

What is your age?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't had any recent blood work . I'm 29
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have a phone. I'd rather try to text please.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are we done?

Your symptoms are suggestive of hormonal issue. The most likely causes are thyroid and prolactin disorder. You may consider asking your doctor to get the following work up;

1) Thyroid function tests.

2) Prolactin

3) FSH

4) LH.

Meanwhile increase your fluid intake. If you do not feel like voiding in next 4-6 hours, you may need to go emergency room for evaluation of the kidney function tests.

There are two types of medications used for the treatment of migraine;

1) To abort the attack

Naratriptan

Dopamine antagonists

Rizatriptan

Ergotamine

2) To prevent the headache

Methysergide

Valproic acid, gabapentin

Calcium channel blockers

Beta-blockers, tricyclic antidepressants

There are dietary triggers known which should be avoided. Common triggers are

a) chocolate,

b) aged cheeses and meats,

c) wine and beer

d) citrus fruits.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will the hormone prolactin cause my breasts to produce milk? I haven't breastfed in 18mos. - but still producing milk.

Yes exactly, prolactin is the likely culprit here.

Your doctor should also get an MRI of the brain to look for the pituitary gland abnormality which secrete prolactin. A microadenoma (small enlargement) of the pituitary can cause headache and prolactin increase. These would need medication called Cabergoline for 3-6 months.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

My goal is to provide you with the best service possible. If you feel I have done so, then an "Excellent Service" rating is greatly appreciated! If not, please click "Reply" to let me know how I can better assist you with any additional information or clarification.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to be of help!

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)