How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 11267
Experience:  Internal medicine internship in New York City. Two decades+ of medical experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a disabled veteran with PTSD and some physical ailments

Customer Question

I am a disabled veteran with PTSD and some physical ailments too. I use to smoke marijuana and that relieve a lot of mental and physical symptoms. I took a federal job which prevents that now, so I was wondering how I could get something near the benefits of it like Marinol or Dranbinol here in Hinesville, GA?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes my VA doctor but its not available through the Dept of Veterans Affairs and nor is Medical marijuana far as I know of. Now trying to find a local one to go see.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No overall healthy besides everything I got during wartime i.e. PTSD, chronic back and neck pain, and chronic bronchitis.
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No recent injuries. Pain is worse when standing or sitting for long periods of time or heavy lifting.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 months ago.

Where do you live?

How far can you travel to see a MD?

Will you be paying out of pocket?

Do they randomly test everyone for marijuana at your federal job?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I live in area code 31313, yes they random test all federal employees, I am willing to travel up to 100 miles for a doctor if I can get a marinol prescription guarantee, Dept of Veterans Affairs will cover the cost. I currently take citalopram, seraquil, tylenol3 and cyclobenaprine. However none of those while I was smoking marijuana. Now that u hv stopped, the excruciating muscle spasms and horrible nightmares are returning. I can't eat because the pain is so real it makes me nauseated.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 months ago.

This might not help you as you will test positive for marijuana when taking prescription Marinol.

Is your state one where medicinal marijuana is legal?

Does the Federal employer accept State Law on this issue?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Testing positive is ok because its a prescription not an illicit/street drug. I just need the prescription, ill handle all other matters. Medicinal marijuana oil is legal in my state. Can you just point me in the direction of a doctor that can prescribe and ill handle the other matters, please and thank you.??
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 months ago.

The best way to find a doctor to help you would be to contact the Medical Association of Georgia :

They should have a list of all MDs in the State that can prescribe marinol.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS