How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5660
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a aching pain below my right shoulderblade on my

Customer Question

I have a aching pain below my right shoulderblade on my flank(side-ish) and mild upset stomach, should I be worried?
JA: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: slight nausea been in pain off and on for a week or more.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: high bp diabetic, normal stuff for a 58 year old male
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 9 months ago.


This is Dr. Bonilla. I understand your concerns.

Diabetes and hypertension are risk factors for coronary artery disease. A cardiac event needs to be rule out with symptoms as the one you described. You should see you PCP and get an EKG. If the pain increases you should go to the ER. Let me know if you have any other questions.