How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17824
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been told that I have fluid in my ear (I think behind

Customer Question

i have been told that I have fluid in my ear (I think behind the eardrum), and have been hearing a windlike sound in my right ear. I was wondering if this is fluid related or if there is something else more serious going on? Also, is fluid damaging to the inner hair cells?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: I had a bad cold/cough/ sore throat back in August. My PCP then prescribed antibiotics which didn't help. I went back and was told I have fluid in my ear.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, up until now I never had any serious health issues
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 months ago.

My name is*****
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 months ago.

How old are you?

Do you have any other symptom? pain?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am 26 yrs old. I sometimes have pain, crackling in my ears and the windlike noise in my right ear. The noise I have noticed increases as I turn my head to the left but at times is quiet.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If there is any advice I'd appreciate it
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 months ago.

Please wait.
I am writing your answer.
It can take a couple of minutes.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for all the information,
I am sorry for your symptoms & the delay.
I was busy with another question.
The symptoms can be from fluid.
It is possible that the fluid has been infected.
This is causing the pain.
There can be other issues like eustachean tube dysfunction.
Some other issues are not common in your age.
I would suggest to take an examination by an ENT specialist.
In case of infection, a course of antibiotic will help to cure it.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish your early recovery.
Please rate my answer excellent if you are satisfied with it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you vey much
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 months ago.

You are always welcome.
We only get credit for helping you after getting a positive rating from you.
Please do not forget to leave one before signing out.
Good luck.