How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 46305
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lump on my scrotum right side near the top, about

Customer Question

I have a lump on my scrotum right side near the top, about the size of a quarter and about 1/2 inch thick, tender almost like an infected hair.
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: just noticed it today, but has been tender and wet about 2 wks, hard
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I see the dermatologist every 3 months, have had 2 melanomas surgeries, my father died of melanoma 32 years ago, my son 36 had had several moles removed.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 9 months ago.

Hi Dr Ashori here, could you upload a picture of this?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I see the other expert has opted out.

why don't you think it is an infected hair follicle

it could also be an infected subaceous cyst

you may need warm compresses on it and a course of antibiotics.

Related Health Questions