Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have occipital neuralgia and nothing has helped the pain,

Customer Question

I have occipital neuralgia and nothing has helped the pain
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: well I have 3 herniated discs in my neck and I've had that pain 7 years the pain from my occipital nerve for 2 years
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I also have pseudotumor cerebri
Category: Health
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what can a doctor do over the internet?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text or Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 11 months ago.

Hi Dr Ashori. We're not able to treat anything over the internet but perhaps we can offer some expert opinion to see if there are perhaps options that you haven't yet tried.

You mentioned this has been going on for 2 years.

Neuralgias are generally treated by correcting the underlying problem, if due to recent surgery or herniated discs or recent trauma then correcting any underlying issues would help.

Next would be trying medications for this, have you tried any meds for this?