How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17826
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When i sit and stand i get swolen lower body, over 5 months

Customer Question

when i sit and stand i get swolen lower body
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: over 5 months i think?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: last year i got diagnosed with hep B
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 11 months ago.

My name is*****
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 11 months ago.

Since when are you having this issue?
Do you have any other symptom?

How old are you?
Did you have any test?
Did you consult doctor or take any measure?

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 11 months ago.

Hello again,
I was waiting for your reply.

I am sorry for your symptoms.
The swelling of the lower part is likely due to collection of fluid.
Due to gravity, the swelling appears on standing or sitting postures.
There can be a few conditions which can lead to the swelling.
These causes can be diseases of the heart, kidney, liver, low blood protein etc.
Other local factors like varicose vein, clot in the vein, venous or lymphatic obstruction needs to be excluded too.
However, those usually affect one side.
Sometimes no cause can be evident though.
As you have a history of Hep B, liver causes need to be checked.
I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
You would need a few tests like doppler ultrasound, EKG, echo, blood metabolic panel etc.
Then treatment can be directed to the cause.
Water pill or diuretic can be prescribed by doctor to reduce the swelling.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish your early recovery.
Please rate my answer excellent if you are satisfied with it.