Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

My heart rate is really low and I don't feel quite right, My

Customer Question
My heart rate is really...
My heart rate is really low and I don't feel quite right
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: My dad had a minor heart attack and I used to suffer tachycardia. Been bed bound due to faints
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have daily seizures, mild asthma and suffer migraines occasionally
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/16/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)

Hello!
My name is*****
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

How is the rate now?

Which medicines do you take?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's about 38, I take naproxen, paracetamol, pregabalin, omeprazole, sirdupla inhaler, buscopan, topiramate,

Please write your pulse rate now.

Since when are you having low rate?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its 37
Been about a week since it dropped low

Thank you for all the information,
I am sorry for your health condition.
37 or 38 / min is quite low.
This rate needs investigation.
There can be a few causes.
This can be due to block in the conduction system of heart.
Sinus or other sites of slowing can be possible too.
Often the cause is due to ischemia or low blood supply to heart.
There can be myocarditis, cardiomyopathy.
Hormonal disorders like low thyroid, medicinal effect, obstructive sleep apnea can be associated.
I would suggest to consult cardiologist for an examination.
An EKG,echo, Holter monitoring can be needed.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish your good health.
Please rate my answer excellent if you are satisfied with it.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there anything I can do at home and now to help me feel better and increase heart rate, I was investigated with my heart last year as it was beating really fast and there was nothing wrong with heart then

I am sorry.
There is unfortunately no home measures to increase the rate.
The cause needs to be determined & treated precisely.
A monitor would be helpful to detect the exact rate & rhythm.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could it be any of the medications I'm on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text or Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Did you start any new medicine recently in last week?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry didn't mean to press that request button

It is not necessary.

Please reply in chat mode.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No the most recent one is topiramate which I started in may

Topiramate may not cause it.

Your medicines may not be the factor.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh, I was hoping it might of been one of them, although I did read side effects for all medications I'm on and they all mention fast heart rate and a possible effect!!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the lowest it should go down to before I should be really worried, where it would be unsafe? Or what signs should I look out for, to be worried

Your rate is already quite low.

There can be symptoms of palpitation, shortness of breath, dizziness, chest pain etc. from it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what would you say would be unsafe, pulse wise

It would be unsafe if it goes below 40.

However, you may not be able to count it properly.

It is continuing for a week without any symptom.

It is better to get it checked by doctor & EKG.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)