Moe Zafarani
Moe Zafarani, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Cardiology
54460990

PROBLEM I HAVE DVT IN MY LEFT LEG ONLY ,WHEN MY MOM WAS

Customer Question

THIS IS MY PROBLEM I HAVE DVT IN MY LEFT LEG ONLY ,WHEN MY MOM WAS STILL ALIVE IN JULY I HAD BUMPED INTO HER WHEEELCHAIR AND IT GOT ME MY LEG I RUBBED IT & NOW THERE IS A NASTY HOLE THAT WONT HEAL
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: MY foot swells alot & it is a dark red ring around my calf
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i am not a diabetic a little over weight but i have had the dvt now for over 20 yrs
Category: Health
Expert:  Moe Zafarani replied 9 months ago.

with a DVT - the veins become incompetent and the blood pools, which is causing your symptoms. The reason for this is that the veins in the valves get destroyed, I would advise you to see a vascular surgeon to treat the veins and help the wound heal.

Wish you speedy recovery.

If you're satisfied, please rate the experience and accept the answer so that I can be credited with helping you today.
I will still be available to chat and clarify things even after you have accepted the answer.
Kindest Regards, *****