Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have been experiencing abdominal/side pain on my left side

Customer Question
for several days. I saw...
I have been experiencing abdominal/side pain on my left side for several days. I saw a doctor for this three days ago and he told me I had pulled a muscle just under my rib cage. He pointed out a spot there that was very tender and it is still the most tender spot. Tonight however this pain exploded down my left side to my waist. It is extremely intense. I have gone to the ER before for pain and been turned away. The pain is particularly intense when I move or do anything that strains the muscles like going to the bathroom. Does this warrant an ER trip tonight? I can also go to an urgent care for the next hour but I am not sure what they could do
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
10/11/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Since pain is intense; you need to go to ER. You need a x-ray of the abdomen and an ultrasound for the evaluation. The pain can be due to;

1) Muscle strain as you have been diagnosed.

2) Kidney stone.

3) Pancreatitis.

4) Related to the mid back spine.

The investigations should be able to ascertain the cause. You should also get the blood work like complete blood counts, comprehensive metabolic panel, pancreatic enzymes, urine exam for the evaluation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Hello Matt,

Hope you are doing good.

What did your investigations show?

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

My goal is to provide you with the best service possible. If you feel I have done so, then an "Excellent Service" rating is greatly appreciated! If not, please click "Reply" to let me know how I can better assist you with any additional information or clarification.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to be of help!

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
This is the link to my profile:

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)