How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17816
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Midclavicle I feel a rope-like structure just behind my

Customer Question

Midclavicle I feel a rope-like structure just behind my collar bone and going up towards my neck. I don't feel it on the other side and it is tender to the touch. On the same side of my neck is tender as well as the trapezius muscles. This is the third day, should this be concerning?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.
How large is it?

Is it visible?
Do you have any other symptom? or past illness?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the width is very small, it just extends into the trapezius so I don't know where it ends. it is not visible, I have not been feeling 100% well but my girlfriend is also not feeling well. We have been sleeping on uncomfortable beds for the past week, which could be a factor.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 months ago.

Is there any redness, rise of temperature locally?#

Can you feel any pulse there?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No rise of temperature and I can feel a pulse, but I feel that it is coming beneath it.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for all the information,
I am sorry for your symptoms.
There can be a muscle spasm.
It can occur from abnormal position during sleep.
Other cause can be an inflammation or infection of soft tissue, vein.
You are right, it can be transmitted pulse from an artery beneath it.
I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.
You can apply warm moist compress there.
Antiinflammatory pain medicines like motrin or naproxen can be taken to reduce the pain, if there is no contraindications to them.
Otherwise, you can take tylenol.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish your early recovery.
Please rate my answer excellent if you are satisfied with it.

Related Health Questions