How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17823
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom has arthritis of the spine. She is on pain medication

Customer Question

My mom has arthritis of the spine. She is on pain medication but nothing seems to help her. Do you have advice to help?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

How old is she?
Since when is she having this issue?
Does she have any other illness?
Did she have any test?

When did she consult doctor last and which specialist?
What pain medicines does she take?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok, she is 69. She was diagnosed in January. She is taking a generatic form of perasec. Not sure of spelling. She was ok at first but now everything hurts and simple things like getting off a chair or putting on pants is hard, no other illnesses. she does worry and she lose weight worrying
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 10 months ago.

Is it percocet?

When did she consult doctor last?

Did she have X ray or MRI of spine? blood work?

Did she consult any specialist?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
she had an x-ray, yes it is perocet. No specialist
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for all the information,
I am sorry for her symptoms.
Antiinflammatory pain medicines like motrin or naproxen can be taken to reduce the pain, if there is no contraindications to them.
I would suggest to get her a review by a orthopedic specialist..
She can have other options.

Steroid shot is often helpful if her condition permits.
Physical medicine specialist can arrange physiotherapy..
Pain pump can be another option.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish her good health.
Please rate my answer excellent if you are satisfied with it.