Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

QUESTION}

Customer Question
QUESTION}
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/9/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

What are your symptoms?

Since when do you have them?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Since birth 7 weeks ago. Started with twinges between shoulder blades. Now symptoms strong. Pain below sternum to left tender if pressed. Sore if sitting down or lying on left. Pain radiates to shoulder blades puns and needle in left shoulder arms and legs sore back.

Were any investigations done for these symptoms?

What are the treatment tried apart from Paracetamol?

Just wanted to know more about the problem; what does it mean: Since birth 7 weeks ago? Is your problem since very long or do you have any spine curvature issue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
None so far.I have only tried paracetamol.I gave birth to a baby 7 weeks ago and my symptoms started after this so symptoms have been recent.I don't have spine curvature issue.

Thanks for the further information.

The pain in the side of sternum is likely to be Costochondritis; it is inflammation at the junctions of rib and cartilage or with the breast bone / sternum. Local analgesic ointment, or spray, chest brace and warm compresses with Ibuprofen are helpful. Please read about the costochondritis;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/costochondritis/DS00626

The other pain you are experiencing are likely to be myofascial trigger point. This can be associated with degenerative disc disease in neck causing pinched nerves. Trigger points may develop after an initial injury to muscle fibers. This injury may be a noticeable traumatic event or repetitive microtrauma to the muscles. Abnormal posture during pregnancy and during delivery may also be responsible. The trigger point causes pain and stress in the muscle or muscle fiber. As the stress increases, the muscles become fatigued and more susceptible to activation of additional trigger points. When predisposing factors combine with a triggering stress event, activation of a trigger point occurs. Myofascial trigger point is a hyperirritable spot, usually within a taut band of skeletal muscle or in the muscle fascia which is painful on compression. The treatment is following;

1) passive stretching of the affected muscle after application of sprayed vapocoolant

2) physical therapy

3) deep electrotherapy; iontophoresis, phonophoresis, short wave diathermy, electrical stimulation

4) local analgesic patch / ointment / spray

5) anti-inflammatory analgesics; Ibuprofen (Motrin / Advil)

6) ischemic compression therapy; pressure on the points

7) massage

8) steroid shots

9) acupuncture.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Your symptoms may also be evaluated for;

1) Cervical spondylosis

2) Fibromyalgia.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

My goal is to provide you with the best service possible. If you feel I have done so, then an "Excellent Service" rating is greatly appreciated! If not, please click "Reply" to let me know how I can better assist you with any additional information or clarification.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to be of help!

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)