Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Sure - I have been having a tension headache now for 3

Customer Question
weeks. A recent doctor...
Sure - I have been having a tension headache now for 3 weeks. A recent doctor visit and my mentioning of my headache resulted in the doctor suggesting maybe the weather change is the cause and to try Claritin. Wondering if I should?
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: No nausea. CT scan normal. Headache comes and goes. ER described it as a tension headache. Feels like a band around the back of my head. But now my ears are starting to hurt too.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Controlled HBP. Diabetes.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
10/6/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.
How old are you?

Is there any discharge from ear? fever?

Do you have any other symptom? or past illness?

Did you have any other test?

Did doctor prescribe any medicine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I went to the ER on Sunday, September 18 with a complaint of a headache that I had now had for 3 days. They did a CT scan and bloodwork and found all to be normal. Told me to follow up with my regular doctor with a diagnosis of a tension headache as the pain is mainly in the back of the head and down my neck and shoulders. Feels like I have a tight little cap on the back of my head. Follow up with my doctor, she referred me to ophthalmologist as I had had a very short experience with double vision also. She prescribed Naproxen for headache and Elavil. Tried both, not really working. Went to eye doctor. Everything normal. Headache usually not there during day, except for today, but by evening it starts. Medicine isn't really helping but it does help to put a hot pad on my neck and shoulders. But, now weather is changing.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Which brings me to now. I had a flareup of Diverticulitis last week. I've been on Augmentin since then. That has made me feel sick. Wondering if maybe Augmentin is contributing to my headache. I mentioned my headache to the ER doctor and she said, "you know, you may want to try Claritin since the weather is changing this could be causing some of your headache".

Thank you for the information,
I am sorry for your symptoms.
Tension headache can be felt as a band around head.
Pain in the back of head can come from high blood pressure too.
If your blood pressure is high too, this needs to be controlled.
Ear pain can occur from ear tube block from weather change.
You can try claritin.
Augmentin can cause headache.

It can be a factor.

If it is the factor, it would subside when the course is finished.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish you early recovery.
Please rate my answer excellent if you are satisfied with it.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. I think I will try the Claritin. I do have HBP but it is very well controlled. Thank you for your answer.

You are always welcome.
If you are satisfied, please leave an excellent rating.
Best wishes.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)