How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler, NP Your Own Question
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 16283
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612
Type Your Health Question Here...
A. Schuyler, NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is a 6, 9, 13 week oraquick mouth swab test all negative

Customer Question

is a 6, 9, 13 week oraquick mouth swab test all negative conclusive?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 10 months ago.

Hello,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I will be helping you today.

Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 10 months ago.

Hello,

Most people (about 97%) will develop antibodies to HIV within the first 3 months. However, the other 3% may take as much as 6 months to develop antibodies. In this 3%, negative results at 3 months are not conclusive. Therefore, we recommend that people recheck at 6 months.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 10 months ago.

Hello,

If you do not have further questions about this, I would appreciate a postive rating (hopefully a "5) since that's the only way I get credit for helping people.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~