Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I am not sure if you can help me in any way I am 28 Year old

Customer Question

Hi I am not sure if you can help me in any way I am 28 Year old male and suffer from a kind of cough. As in my bedroom in the mornings I am ok but as soon as I go down stars to the rest of the house I start coughing and then after a while I stop and feel fine, Yesterday I did buy a unit to clean the air in just my bedroom (BIONAIRE BAP600 AIR PURIFIER) and it seems OK at present. I Have also tested my bedroom with a Vent Check c02 Temp unit and the reading was 928 c02 PPM I do have my windows open a bit I was wondering what could cause my cough and I hope I have explained my question ok Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 11 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

The most likely cause of your cough is allergen in air. The carpets and related fibers and curtain are one of the most common cause of allergy related cough. Hope the purifier resolve your symptoms; otherwise you may consider cleaning carpets or curtain more frequently.
You may also get allergy tests by your doctor, which can specify the allergens.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi how does allergy tests from doctor word and also what about the Vent Check c02 Temp unit that was reading 928 c02 PPM
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi how does allergy tests from doctor work and also what about the Vent Check c02 Temp unit that was reading 928 c02 PPM

There are two kind of allergy tests;

1) In vitro; this is a blood test which identifies the allergen.

2) In vivo; this is skin test and multiple allergen are injected on the skin to see the reaction.

Both have equally good test. But skin test may be slightly more specific and sensitive than the blood test (chance of false positive are less).

Reading of 928 CO2 PPM is in normal range (the range is CO2 0 to 2550 PPM). So no problem in that area.

Avoidance of indoor allergens is important.

a) Pets need to be removed from home (if you have any).

b) Control of indoor humidity may provide the best avenue for dust mite and mold abatement. Vent Check would help in it.

c) Cockroach control

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

My goal is to provide you with the best service possible. If you feel I have done so, then an "Excellent Service" rating is greatly appreciated! If not, please click "Reply" to let me know how I can better assist you with any additional information or clarification.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to be of help!