Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I just received the results of my cat scan (attached).The

Customer Question

Hello Doctor,I just received the results of my cat scan (attached).The good news is the shrinkage of my tumors in my liver.What I do not know is how this effects my overall prognosis which was as bad as it gets before my tumor was removed in July.Stage 4 BRAF colon cancer metastasized to the liver.There was no opportunity then or anytime thereafter to resection the liver As I told you previously a large tumor was removed as well as one foot of my colon.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

The findings on your abdominal CT are encouraging as to showing reduced size of the metastatic liver lesions. This indicates a positive response to chemotherapy ...

I would say that this is a positive factor as to your prognosis ...

It is a good finding to see when a cancer responds to treatment and shrinks ..yes of course to that ..

I can't give you any specifics as to long term prognosis as the details of your tumor and treatment and prognosis needs a to be an ongoing discussion between you and your oncologist

( we can't substitute for the much better familiarity to your case details as your treating physician has )

Basically I can assure you that the change in abdominal CT is good news though ... Response to treatment is confirmed by your CT ....

I hope this information is helpful for you

Let me know If you have further questions or discussion

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD