Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My boyfriend ate a bunch of sunflower shells and they are…

Customer Question
My boyfriend ate a...

My boyfriend ate a bunch of sunflower shells and they are combined with fecal impaction how can he pass this

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No and none

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing very healthy

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
8/29/2016
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 1 year ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Has he tried any medicines so far?
Bloating and flatulence?
Pain abdomen?
Duration of symptoms?
Any other medical illness?
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Laxatives prunes and suppository with no help mass abdominal pain
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he can feel the sharp shells in the fecal impaction from his anus
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he can feel the sharp shells in the fecal impaction from his anus please call(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he can feel the sharp shells in the fecal impaction from his anus please call(###) ###-####no other medical illness
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he can feel the sharp shells in the fecal impaction from his anus please call(###) ###-####no other medical illness started yesterday after digesting lots of sunflower shells

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.

As per your description,he can try a warm mineral oil enema.

Sunflower seeds can cause the stool to be come impacted, making it very difficult to pass. If the impaction is too large, it has to be manually removed by a doctor at ER.

If the mineral oil enema works, then a stool softener for a few days will help prevent another impaction.

Do not force anything, and be very gentle so that he doesn't injure himself. Don't try to manually remove any stool himself as it can cause rectal bleeding,severe pain so don't hesitate and wait and visit ER.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.