Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

My partner has just been diagnosed with asymptomatic

Customer Question
Hello, My partner has just been...
My partner has just been diagnosed with asymptomatic chlamydia, and I am worried that I might have it as well. My symptoms have been lower abdominal pain, some symptoms similar to that of a UTI, and occasionally nausea. However, I'm also worried because it has been about seven weeks since my last period, and I'm also experiencing sore, burning feelings in my nipples, which are making me worried about being pregnant. I have taken several home pregnancy tests, though, and they have all given negative results. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
8/26/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

When was your last menstrual period?

Are your periods regular?

Any vaginal discharge?

Burning sensation during urination?

History of unprotected sex recently?

Pain during urination?

Itching,rash around nipples?

Excessive sweating?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My last menstrual period was around July 6th. They are normally regular.I have had regular, white vaginal discharge.No current burning sensation during urination, but around July 31st I was experiencing the feeling of never having urinated enough, similar to how it might feel if I had a bladder infection.Recently, I have had unprotected oral sex, and have been breifly penetrated without a condom after which we used a condom.There is no rash around my nipples.I am not sweating excessively.Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Another note, I have been experiencing some pain during intercourse, but this is normally fixable by changing positions.

Thank you for the follow up reply.

Your symptoms are suggestive of P.I.D.(Pelvic inflammatory Disease)

I do think you should be treated for chlamydia as well to prevent any chance of recurrence.Ideally both partners need treatment at the same time.

Also your doctor may want to rule out yeast infection as well.

You may require a urine culture and vaginal swab culture and sensitivity test.

Depending the type of organism and sensitivity reports you may be prescribed medications as well.

I hope this helps

Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)