Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

For about a week, my husband has had a pulsating vein in his

Customer Question
neck on and off and...
For about a week, my husband has had a pulsating vein in his neck on and off and tonight, he pointed out one in his foot. He is very thin, but its almost as though you can see his pulse right through his skin. He has also been to the doctor a few times in the last two months for unrelated issues and has varying blood pressure readings, all on the higher prehypertension end. I would like him to see a doctor ASAP but he feels this is benign. Should we be concerned?
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: Last physical was december 2015 and no history of hypertension
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Mother passed away in 2014 from an aneurysm
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
8/26/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.
Does he have any other symptom? or past illness?
Did he have any test recently?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you so much. The only other condition he has would be a hear murmur (not every doctor he has seen even agrees that he has one). The only test he has had was an MRA within the past 5 years due to his mother's history. That came back clear. He was seen last by our primary doctor for a red, itchy eye and his blood pressure was 130/80. He is 5'10" and 168lbs.

Was it MRA of brain?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on his brain. His mother had a brain aneurysm

Thank you for all the information,
Pulsation of vein or artery can be seen in thin people.
Heart murmur is not related.
Pulsation can be apparent from increase in blood flow, inflammation.

Sometimes, muscle twitching can be confused with pulsation.

Muscle twitching is benign.
However, he needs an examination to be on safe side.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you so much, I appreciate your help!

You are always welcome.
If you are satisfied, please click on 5 star rating.
Best wishes.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)