How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17826
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has blood in her eye, 3 hours, we not sure what to

Customer Question

My wife has blood in her eye
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 3 hours
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: we not sure what to do
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

How old is she?

Does she have cough or any other symptom?

How is her vision?

Is the blood in the white part of the eye?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I am 64 years old. No cough or other medical condition. Vision is fine. The white part on the inside of my eye is blood red. It feels dry & gritty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but I will call my doctor. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information,
Blood in the white area of the eye is usually due to bleeding in the subconjunctival space.
In first 24 hours it may increase in size, then gradually diminishes.
Usually no treatment is required.
It gets absorbed on its own within 1-2 weeks.
Trauma, straining, cough, high blood pressure, bleeding disorder etc. can be precipitating factors.
If it increases or affects vision, you need to contact doctor to find out the other causes of bleeding,

You can use artificial tear for soothing the irritation.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.