How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17824
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The sides of my nose seem wide after a break, is this

Customer Question

Hi, the sides of my nose seem wide after a break, is this normal?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: I broke my nose 14 years ago, no breathing issues
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

How old are you?

When did you notice it first?
Did you have X-ray/ scan after the injury?

Can you send picture?
Did you consult doctor for it?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The septum I know has slightly deviated, however my biggest concern are the side nasal bones and seem to give a swollen look to my eyes and face. This hasn't been so prominent however now it's more clear
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am 31 years old
Yes at the time I had an x Ray and they said there was a slight fracture
I've just attached the pic for you to view
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 12 months ago.

Which side of the nose do you think swollen?

When did you notice it?

Do you feel any pain?

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 12 months ago.

Hello again,
I was waiting for your reply.
The nose appears to be slightly swollen but it can be normal.
Septal deviation is not apparent externally.
Mild deviation can be there.
If you have noticed the swelling recently, I would suggest to take an examination by ENT doctor.
He can examine with scope or take X ray or scan.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.