wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal medicine internship in New York City. Two decades+ of medical experience
48069651

I am a 25 year old female. I fainted November 2015 and have

Customer Question

Hello, I am a 25 year old female. I fainted November 2015 and have had chronic dizziness/imbalance ever since. I have seen every doctor and done every test imaginable and everything came back normal. The imbalance never goes away and it is driving me nuts. I also have a feeling of fullness in my right ear. I have a very difficult time concentrating and I just want someone to help me.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: I have been dealing with it as long as the dizziness. It has been about 9 months and i havent had a cold or flu in years
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Health
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 12 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Does it seem like the world is spinning around you or does it seem like the world is sitting still and you are spinning?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Nothing spins it's more like a shift. And it's like the world shifts every once in awhile while a constant imbalance. I do not have any medical conditions and I do not take any medications other than birth control

Thank you for that additional information.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on and get rid of this dizziness.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Your suggestion is just not feasible. I can't do that I need someone to help me nor. I can't travel.

I'm sorry you can't travel.

It seems like you have already exhausted all the medical expertise in your area.....

Your next best bet would be to get a second opinion from a nearby, but different, ENT specialist.

You have been suffering too long already......

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have already been to an ENT

Then I feel that your only viable option is to get some help traveling to the nearest large University Medical Center and let the Professors have a crack at figuring out what is going on.....

It sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place :(

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS