How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher Palmer Your Own Question
Christopher Palmer
Christopher Palmer,
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 123
Experience:  Hospitalist Physcian (Internist) at Kent County Hospital
Type Your Health Question Here...
Christopher Palmer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When I was about 8 or 9 I got into a little sliding in the

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: When I was about 8 or 9 I got into a little sliding in the mud dirt bike accident with my dad and I happen to fall off onto my right arm and it really hurt that I couldn't run, I am now 14 and since I was 11, my arm spikes up really bad like someone shot me or stabbed me like a burning sensation
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: About 3 or 2 years every month or so, but it seems to be getting more worse and more frequent, no other discomforts
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have no disease that I know off I have never been in a hospital due to any injures
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Christopher Palmer replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Palmer. What you make be experiencing is neuropathic pain secondary to your past trauma. Burning or itching or sharp intermittent aches over that area are common descriptions for neuropathic pain. Nerve injury in the past to sensory nerves can cause this.

Expert:  Christopher Palmer replied 1 year ago.

At this point, surgery would unlikely be an option, but there are many meds that can calm down nerve pain like Lyrica or Gabapentin or Tricyclic class medications. Any strength problems in that arm?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No strength problems
Expert:  Christopher Palmer replied 1 year ago.

Then its very likely what I described above. You could see a internal medicine primary doctor like your PCP or you could see a neurologist. They could try doing an EMG to see if there is a specific nerve having conduction problems, but certainly in the mean time one of the meds I described above can help you. I hope I was able to help. I certainly do not think this is an urgent problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** glad that it isn't urgent.
Expert:  Christopher Palmer replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, please make sure to rate me. I hope you are able to find relief quickly.

Expert:  Christopher Palmer replied 1 year ago.

Please rate me. Thanks