Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I was prescribed 100 milligrams of orphenadrine and i take

Customer Question

I was prescribed 100 milligrams of orphenadrine and i take 0.5 milligrams of clonazepam. I was told not to mix but if I am just resting at home is it ok to take one of each within 3 hours if I am not going out?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to clarify : I won't be driving and just plan on taking a nap.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. I am sorry but you shouldn't take them together with just 3 hours gap because during this 3 hours both of these drugs will be present in your blood and this will cause drug interaction resulting in dizziness, drowsiness, confusion etc. So please avoid doing this. Take them as prescribed. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even if I'm just going back to bed? My nec k/back is hurting and I didn't want to wait. If not when is the safest time to wait?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Yes even if you are going to sleep, avoid taking like this. It's better to wait for 12 hours atleast. You can safely take Ibuprofen or Aleve in that case for pain. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards