Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

10 days now, have I been unable to go #2...,so far nothing…

10 days now, have I...
10 days now, have I been unable to go #2...,so far nothing that we tried is working. My abdomen is very bloated, , , I'm in pain, feel really nausea and at my whists end. I feel kinda silly having to go to ER....I want to know if there is anything else that can be tried.
Thank you
Fanny
8/18/2016
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thank you for your question. It’s my first priority and pleasure to help you.

What is your age?

Have you tried any medicines?

Any other medical illness?

Are you taking any medicines for other illness?

Thanks.

Waiting for your reply.

I am 33 yrs old
So far I have tried an enema, have taken Senna, tried pre and probiotics I have also taken miralex and Motrin for the excruciating mid stomach and lower abdomen,
I do not suffer any other health condition or need any special medicine

Thanks for the follow-up.

I understand your concern.

As per your description,no bowel movements, along with Abdominal pain,bloating for more than a week, should not be ignored.

It can be due to-Intestinal obstruction. It is a medical condition,where, there is partial or complete blockage of the bowel that results in the failure of the intestinal contents to pass through.

You need to undergo tests -Abdominal x-ray ,Upper GI and small bowel series ,Barium enema .

As you had already tried enema,stool softeners,laxative with no result so it can be serious.

You should not delay it, and rush to ER at earliest. Further complication, can lead to Perforation (hole) in the intestine if you leave it untreated.

It can be possible to have chronic constipation,fecal impaction and doctor at ER can do manual fecal disimpaction,suppositories.

Please get urgent checkup at ER.

If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Ok thank you, I'm getting ready now. I will follow up with you asap

Thank You.