How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5660
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis August 3....we

Customer Question

My husband was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis August 3....we are waiting on an (orthopedic surgeon) appointment (Sept. 30...the earliest we could get). He has been on/off pain meds since the onset (July 17). As we wait to see the orthopedic surgeon could other treatment be recommend for pain relief? Such as; chiropractic, etc.?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you can talk to his doctors about trying accunpuncture to decrease pain

also physical therapy and stretching could help decrease pain

also nerve pain neuropathy medications like neurontin or lyrica could help decrease nerve pain for him.

let me know if you have questions.