Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I have bright red very itchy rash in the thigh creases. An

Customer Question

I have bright red very itchy rash in the thigh creases. An oatmeal bath relieved the heat and itch for an hour or so, but I've applied Solarcaine, vagisil, and powder, which are not effective. I am an adult who moved to a hot, humid area two months ago. Jana
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Since how long you have this red,itchy rash?

Are you diagnosed with any medical condition like diabetes?

Is there any white discharge from vagina?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had rash for two days, no discharge. Rash is external in thigh creases along trunk. No diagnosis other then lichen sclerosis.
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of bright red very itchy rash in the thigh creases since last 2 days is most likely because of fungal infection.Typically the groin becomes itchy and irritable, mainly in the crease between the top of the leg and the genitals.

Also there can be superadded bacterial infection.These infections are very common in hot, humid environment as it leads to excessive sweating,the bacteria & fungus grow in these areas of body causing symptoms.

Apply ointment monistat.It contain Miconazole nitrate which is anti fungal agent.It is available at the counter without the prescription.Apply the cream to the surrounding 4-6 cm of normal skin in addition to the rash/itching area.Also apply antibiotic ointment ultramide or ointment polysporin.they are available as OTC(over the counter) at your pharmacy without prescription & will help you greatly.

And you need oral anti fungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox).Antibiotics may need to be prescribed accordingly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets cleared with these treatments.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try the treatment.
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,you need to apply the above described ointment.This will help greatly in treating the fungal infection & the bacterial infection.Oral medications may be required but usually & most likely,the symptoms gets cleared with these topical treatments.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

God bless you & take care.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.How is your itchy rash now?Have you taken the treatments described?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

You are still open to ask.Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to hep you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh