How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Salama Your Own Question
Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 715
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
Type Your Health Question Here...
Michael Salama is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have shingles and there is a large blister in the outer

Customer Question

I have shingles and there is a large blister in the outer corner of my left eye should I go to the emergency room I'm 70 and otherwise healthy
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,

Occasionally, shingles can involve the eye and this is known as herpes ophthalmicus.

If you are not currently experiencing any eye pain or blurry vision then you can go to your primary doctor who can treat you with oral acyclovir (800 mg, five times daily) for seven to 10 days.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Thank you!

Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.

Checking in. Is there anything else I can help you with today?