Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

My blood pressure is currently 181 over 114. I have taken 2

Customer Question

My blood pressure is currently 181 over 114. I have taken 2 low dose baby aspirin and my blood pressure is not going down. Is it safe to wait and speak with my doctor in the morning or should I go to the hospital tonight
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 11 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

This is a medical emergency.You need to go to hospital tonight. You should not wait to speak with your doctor in morning.

The range of systolic blood pressure for most healthy adults falls between 90 and 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Your systolic blood pressure of 181 is higher then normal.Normal diastolic blood pressure ranges between 60 and 80 mm Hg. Your diastolic blood pressure 114 is again very high then normal.

An elevation of the systolic and/or diastolic blood pressure increases the risk of developing heart (cardiac) disease, kidney (renal) disease, hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis or arteriosclerosis), eye damage, and stroke (brain damage).

Baby aspirin does not help to lower the blood pressure.The goal of treatment is to reduce blood pressure so that you can have a lower risk of complications.You need to see doctor at emergency room(ER)who will check blood pressure & then he will prescribe anti hypertensive medication accordingly.

So bot***** *****ne is that you should not wait & go to hospital/ER now.

Hope this helped.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

If there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your help.

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.And please do not forget to leave positive rating.Bonus are highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is currently down to 168 over 107. Should I still go to the hospital this evening

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,you still need to go to hospital this evening.

Even though it has come down to 168 over 107,it is still very high & can cause complications as described above.

Also the blood pressure may be fluctuating & it may again rise.

It is not safe to wait till morning.

So my best advise for you is to please do not delay & go to ER/hospital now.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.Have you consulted the doctor?Is your blood pressure controlled now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

You are still open to ask.Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to hep you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh