How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5660
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 63 year old woman and since this morning I have had

Customer Question

I am 63 year old woman and since this morning I have had numbness on the left side of my head (like it is precisely cut in half), the upper neck area and ear and jaw. It has subsided somewhat but my ear and jaw are still numb feeling. Should I make an apt to see someone? than you very much.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

yes, you should make an appointment to see a doctor.

numbness could be a sign of a stroke or a pinched nerve or a transient ischemic attack.

do you have a hospital close to you?