How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17828
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Came home from hospital. Slept for twelve hours. Woke with

Customer Question

Came home from hospital. Slept for twelve hours. Woke with head on bicep. Bicep is red and swollen. Feels like hard vein betwee shoulder and bicep. Not getting worse but not getting better.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Started on friday morning. Arm is best when straight down in bed
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

My name is*****
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily."

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Can you feel the vein?

How long is it?

Why were you in hospital?

Are you taking any medicine?

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,
I was waiting for your reply.
It is possible that there is an inflamed vein or phlebitis.
There are 2 types of phlebitis.
In superficial phlebitis, you can try home measures like antiinflammatory medicine or motrin, warm compression.
In some cases of superficial phlebitis, if the doctor suspects of extension of clot deeper in the tissue, then anticoagulant is also needed.
But in deep phlebitis or deep vein thrombophlebitis, you have to go to ER to start treatment urgently. Anticoagulant will be required.
Duplex ultrasound, blood test like d-dimer test etc. will be required to assess the condition.
I would suggest to take an examination by doctor urgently.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.