How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DIEGO BONILLA Your Own Question
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 273
Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University
Type Your Health Question Here...
DIEGO BONILLA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well I've had a spider bite before and now I have a similar

Customer Question

Well I've had a spider bite before and now I have a similar "hard lump" on my upper inner thigh andi dodon't know if it's a bite or boil
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No and none
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope. No alergies and I'm on no medication
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I only take vitamins that help my hear grow. And I've been taking them for a year
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 1 year ago.


This is Dr. Bonilla.

Do you have a picture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well no as it's very close to my nether region. But I can describe it. It's like 1 cm in diameter and looks like it's purple right on top
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 1 year ago.

Any pain? Surrounding inflammation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Today there was pain. When the seam of my underwear rubs against it. And yes there is surrounding inflammation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it hurts when I touch it
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 1 year ago.

In that case is likely to be a boil from folliculitis. You can use a warm compress. It trends to drain by itself in a couple of days. If the lesion becomes bigger, painful or you have fevers then you should see your PCP for drainage of the lesion. Let me know if you have any questions.

Please rate my answer.