Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I fell about 10 days ago and landed on my knees. I developed

Customer Question

I fell about 10 days ago and landed on my knees. I developed a large swelling just below my right knee with a large bump. The swelling has gone down but the bump is still there. I have bruising all the way down the front of my leg and it still hurts to bend or straighten. What could be wrong?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?
Customer: No swelling or redness. Anything that touches it hurts along with bending or straightening, like when I lie down.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I do have osteoarthritis in both knees
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. It’s my first priority and pleasure to help you.

I understand your discomfort.

As per your description,possible differential diagnosis may include Muscle contusion,Tendonitis.

It takes time to heal fully.

You should take OTC Advil.

Also apply cool compresses.

It's good to see an Orthopedist for a clinical exam if your pain is not improving over the period of time in next few days.

Elevate your leg.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.