I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
Your pain suggests it to be musculoskeletal pain. This can also be associated with pinched nerves in back. This can be due to degenerative disc disease in neck causing pinched nerves. The treatment is following;
1) passive stretching of the affected muscle after application of sprayed vapocoolant
2) physical therapy
3) deep electrotherapy; iontophoresis, phonophoresis, short wave diathermy, electrical stimulation
4) local analgesic patch / ointment / spray
5) anti-inflammatory analgesics; Ibuprofen (Motrin / Advil)
6) ischemic compression therapy; pressure on the points
8) steroid shots
Having said that, in your age group, it is essential to get an EKG and echocardiography for any left sided chest to rule out heart ailment categorically.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.