Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My cholesterol is 234 HCL is 48 i benifit from meds,,,i

Customer Question
My cholesterol is 234...

My cholesterol is 234 HCL is 48 wood i benifit from meds,,,i prefer to not be medicated unless it is actually necessay not preventative

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No alergies....i take lipitor and vibrid and zirtec

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Never spent a day in sick bey ever

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
7/30/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Josh, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Well, for a healthy person Total Cholesterol Level should be Less than 200mg/dL.

You have a level of 234, this is Borderline high, but it can be managed with lifestyle and dietary modifications.

HDL is High-density lipoprotein, it helps in preventing cholesterol from building up in the artery walls. The normal range is- Below 40 mg/dL (men)and Below 50 mg/dL (women).With HDL, the higher the number, the better. In your case 48 is good number.

It is advised that with lifestyle changes such as diet, weight loss and physical activity triglyceride levels can come in normal range
You should Limit fats and sugars in your diet. Avoid alcohol and smoking. You should stay at a healthy weight.

You should Choose fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat or nonfat dairy products, fish, poultry without the skin, and, in moderate amounts, lean meats.

You should go for Regular physical activity for atleast 30 minutes daily.

You should eat food rich in Omega- 3 fatty acid like walnuts, almonds and ground flaxseeds.

Practice yoga and meditation for relaxation, Deep breathing exercises will help you.

With such measures, raised cholesterol levels, would come to normal range.

Hope this helped If you have any further question then you can ask me.Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.Kind Regards Dr.Josh

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to hep you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh