A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

My upper left arm is having a sharp pain and it hurts to

Customer Question

my upper left arm is having a sharp pain and it hurts to lift my arm only feels a little better when i put warm water on it
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.

Do you remember injuring it in any way in the last day or two? Lay on it differently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

Is it feeling better in the 24 hours since you placed the question?

Since I haven't heard from you I will propose some possibilities.

You could be having a muscle spasm. It could also be tendinitis, an inflammation in the tendons that attach muscle to the bone. The best treatment is ice applied in a towel or washcloth for 15-20 mintues several times a day.

If it isn't better by the first of the week you should see your doctor for xrays and/or an MRI.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~