DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I had a bac of .05 without drinking alcohol what can cause

Customer Question

I had a bac of .05 without drinking alcohol what can cause that???
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: none and no i m concernened...
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I hv cancer heart problems and diabetes in my family along with everything else...
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: i am tired from working too much but other than that i feel fine excepept i get really sweaty and shakey when i do eat thru out the day and my limbs get numb and i feel like passing out but it only lasts for maybe 5 mins
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Dr. Bonilla, experienced in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care.

I understand your concerns. A positive BAC level can be secondary to acetone level specially in diabetics, some drinks also contain alcohol as in kombucha tea. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

You will not test positive on a blood alcohol test because you are diabetic.

You would have had to consume alcohol.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/